2024 Volvo ES90

Volvo announces that it has built the first example of its future large 100% electric sedan aimed at replacing the S90.

The new Volvo ES90 is approaching, its first prototypes have already been produced in the Chinese factory in Shanghai and it is ready to begin a testing period in the Far Eastern country before its debut on the European continent.

The employees who have participated in the first pre-production unit of the new " V551 ", as it is known internally, have posed in a photo celebrating this important novelty from Gothenburg that will compete with the Mercedes EQE and the BMW i5.

Size

According to Volvo, the ES90 measures 4999mm in length, 1547mm in height and 1945mm in width, making it 61mm shorter, 32mm higher and 45mm wider than the BMW i5. It also receives a wheelbase that is 105mm longer than its German rival at 3100mm.

What platform will it be developed on?

The luxury four-door is expected to be based on Volvo’s SPA2 platform – the same structure that underpins the new EX90 SUV and its Polestar 4 sibling. It accommodates electric drivetrains operating at either 400 or 800 volts.

When will it appear?

The Volvo S90 saloon is expected to be replaced with a new electric flagship launching in 2025

Renders

Volvo ES90 electric saloon to take on BMW i5 with 400±mile range

Source: www.autoexpress.co.uk